There are several attributes a person needs to possess in order to become successful in life. Talent, of course, is eminent. The ability to be self motivated is very important as well. Possessing an impeccable amount of self motivation will ultimately lead you to THE major asset: hustle.
Do you feel like your hustle needs some work? Hustling isn’t instinctual for everyone. While some people can easily focus on reaching their full potential, others need a little push. Building the better you is time consuming and energy draining, as it should be. If you’re hustling as much as you should be, you’ll be physically exhausted, mentally challenged, and sometimes even emotionally beat up.
When hustling, look for opportunities in all places near you. I’m willing to bet that if you we’re to browse social media right now, you’d find several opportunities for self improvement or advancement in less than ten minutes, most of them even being in your own city.
Now when attempting to conquer those opportunities and turn them into advancements, go in with a completely open mind. There will be those moments in which you discover that certain ventures may hold no benefit toward your success driven building blocks, but still give every opportunity a chance. Don’t ever feel like you’re too good for anyone nor anything. You never know what’s good for you until you give it a chance.
Never hustle people, hustle opportunities for success. Now when I say hustle opportunities, I’m not saying hustle your way into a man’s life because he can help you to be where you want to be financially. That’s not hustling, that’s scamming. Don’t be that girl or guy. Winners never cheat, and cheaters never win.
I had friend in college whom always made very calculated moves. For the sake of respecting his privacy and his reputation, let’s call him Damien. Damien made friends with people whom could help get him into the fraternity he had always hoped to be in. He dated several younger girls on campus, yes all at once, and each girl posed certain value to his life. One girl paid for all of his meals, another took care of him whenever he was sick, one did pretty much all of his assignments, and one was there for…well…you know what she was there for. Damien even looked for a roommate around campus whom he felt would finance his undeniable partying habits.
In Damien’s perspective, he had it all figured out. He was going to do what he felt was necessary to get what he wanted. Now initially, I thought Damien was the man. But I would always tell him what my Grandma Mattie would tell me and my brother growing up,
“What’s done in the dark always comes to light.
Unfortunately, Damien’s hustling agenda came to the ultimate halt after his sister wives found out about each another and cut him off completely. He never made it into his “dream fraternity” because the frat members were eight steps ahead of his foolish motives. As far as his partying sponsor, aka his roommate, the unconventional arrangement never lasted for more than a few weeks.
Cutting corners and slithering your way through life may get you what you want temporarily. But dishonesty and disingenuous motives will never keep your temporary successes afloat.
Having a hustler’s mentality is incredibly important in striving for self advancement. If you want to see results, and you want your efforts to pay off, you got to do the work. Bust your ass, put out quality products and reliable services, and consistently promote yourself.
We all have the same 24 hours in a day. We all have the potential to make the most of the time we have to further ourselves individually and further our brands. Seven to eight hours is the ideal mount of time we need to sleep, and rest our bodies for the events to come for the next day. With those resting hours, that leaves us with about fifteen remaining hours to get to work. So lets start new challenge together.
15-hour Hustler’s Challenge:
- Commit fifteen hours of your day to reaching one of your short term goals. Write down a list of things you’ve been meaning to tackle to better yourself, and better your ventures. Start with just one day a week, and then expand your commitments into several other days in the week.
- Take breaks every 4-5 hours. Now while some may see working fifteen hours straight as being productive, it actually could leave you exhausted and hinder your work production. Better safe than sorry.
- No distractions. Try to focus on yourself and your goals on these days. Selfish behavior is never admirable, but having the ability to temporarily tune the world out to focus on you is commendable.
- No long naps. Don’t ruin your opportunity for productivity by taking a 3-hour nap in the middle of the day. Time wasted is never time well spent. Not to mention it will cut into your 7-8 hours in the evening. Regulate a 30-minute nap for your breaks if needed, that way it’ll be easier for you to stay on track.
- Keep track of what you’ve done, what you need to do, and what you may have an interest in doing. Staying organized throughout this challenge will make it a lot easier to function for fifteen hours in a day.
Try out this challenge and see how you do. If it is a bit too much for you to tackle initially, cut the hours from fifteen down to ten. Also, try starting out with just one day week that you focus on conquering your obstacles and building towards your self advancement .
Hustling is hard girls and guys. Bettering yourself or your business is going to take a lot of work. Follow the guidelines, and feel free to leave some comments about how you’re doing. Good luck, Conquerors!